Employer engagement opportunities
The Office of Career Development’s Employer Relations Team is ready to assist employers looking to hire students and recent graduates of Augustana College for career-related jobs or internships in addition to part-time and volunteer positions.
Post a career-related job or internship
The Office of Career Development offers employers the opportunity to connect with Augustana students through online postings via Handshake. Handshake is an online career platform used for recruiting college students at more than 450 colleges and universities.
If you are already a Handshake user, simply go to the “schools” option and request access to Augustana College. If you do not have a Handshake account, you will first need to create one before being able to post your opportunity, using the following steps.
Creating a Handshake account
- Go to the .
- Complete the form, providing your basic information then check your inbox for a confirmation email from Handshake.
- After confirming your email address, complete your employer profile. (If your company already has a profile that was created by other employees in the organization, they may need to approve your connection to that existing account).
Posting your career-related job, internship, part-time job, or volunteer opportunity
You can post a job or internship that is targeted to Augustana students for free. In order to post and have your position approved, it must meet our Employer Policy: Handshake Employer and Position Approval Guidelines. For more guidelines, scroll to end of this document.
- Your Handshake profile must include complete organization and contact information (organization name, verifiable physical address, organization URL, clear and complete company description, at least one point of contact within the organization, contact email address that matches the domain of the organization’s website, contact phone number).
- Your posting must adhere to .
- Your posting must target majors, programs and interests of Augustana College students
- Position(s) cannot be domestic (e.g. nannies/babysitter, private tutors, gardeners, housekeepers, drivers, etc.).
- Postings must not charge any fees to students as a condition of employment or participation.
Steps to post your position
- Log into using the email address and password you previously created.
- Select the “Post a job” button on the main dashboard or choose the “Jobs” menu on the left, and then choose the “Create job” button on the top right of the page.
- Complete the form fully, including the basics, position details, screening preferences, and schools to which you want to post the position (be sure to select Augustana College).
国产偷拍视频ProFair is a twice-yearly career event presented by Augustana College and St. Ambrose University. Typically, Augustana hosts the fair in September, and St. Ambrose hosts a fair in March.
I-74 Graduate and Professional Schools Fair
The is an annual event hosted each fall in central Illinois by Augustana College, Bradley University, Knox College, Millikin University and Monmouth College. Each host school is close to I-74 and the fairs offer participants the chance to meet the best Illinois students from five schools in just one week.
国产偷拍视频An internship can be a great way for students to develop professional skills while simultaneously contributing value to your organization.
国产偷拍视频If you are interested in developing a new internship program or enhancing your current internship offerings, be sure to review the and . If you have questions about internships or internship development, contact our office for assistance.
Nearly 70% of Augustana students take at least one internship, choosing from several kinds in many fields and professional settings.
国产偷拍视频Are you looking for a part-time employee? Would you like to hire an Augustana student? Simply post your position as directed above.
Community service is important part of the Augustana experience. Engaging in community service allows students to create meaningful relationships and understanding with the communities around them. If you are a non-profit or community service organization seeking students to advance your organization, consider posting your position as directed above.
Employers interested in scheduling on-campus interviews with students can contact our office at 309-794-7339 or by emailing email@example.com.
国产偷拍视频Employer organizations seeking to connect with Augustana students on campus may host publicity tables throughout the academic year. There is no fee for publicity tables coordinated by the Office of Career Development.
国产偷拍视频To be eligible to reserve a publicity table, employer organizations must have an approved Handshake account with active jobs, internships or co-ops posted.
Publicity tables are only available to organizations promoting opportunities that meet the Employer and Position Approval Guidelines.
Publicity tables must be staffed for the duration of reservation request. Employer representatives must stay at or behind table. Food and/or beverage (complimentary or for sale) distributed from a publicity table must be coordinated through the Employer Relations Team and must meet the college’s guidelines.
Access to student and alumni resumes
国产偷拍视频Students and alumni can choose to have their Handshake account visible to employers; Employers with a trust score of 80 or higher have access to search resumes of students who have opted for a public profile.
国产偷拍视频Students learn to solve problems through class projects, internships and research. They use campus resources such as the Center for Speech, Language, and Hearing, and the EDGE Center and Upper Mississippi Center in CORE.
From First-Year Inquiry through Senior Inquiry, Augustana students learn to communicate well on campus and in professional settings.
国产偷拍视频Students build their leadership skills in and outside class—especially through student groups, internships and the Office of Student Life and Leadership.